Together with Dr. Thomas Ulmer MEP, EAMBES is organising a Policy Workshop on Biomedical engineering at the European Parliament in Brussels, on 27 March 2012.
The Workshop will gather European policy makers, researchers and experts to explore how Biomedical Engineering can be used to promote excellence, support SMEs & academic spin-offs and position the EU as a global leader in health technologies.
The Policy Workshop will be chaired by Dr. Thomas Ulmer and experts from different areas of expertise will be presenting BME specificities and good practices. Participants will be then have the floor to jointly, with policy makers and the speakers, address and discuss on the challenges and opportunities of Biomedical Engineering and how this science can support the EU in achieving its objectives in research and development and meeting European societal challenges, such as ageing societies. The discussions will feed into the conclusions and recommendations that will be drafted by Dr. Ulmer MEP.
The agenda of the event is as follows:
- Introductory remarks, by Dr. Thomas Ulmer MEP
- Biomedical Engineering: Challenges and Opportunities, by Prof. Dr. med. Michael Imhoff
- A success story: Supersonic imagine, by Prof. Jean-Louis Coatrieux
- Biomedical Engineering research in Horizon 2020, by Prof Marco Viceconti
- Conclusions and recommendations by Dr. Thomas Ulmer MEP